You may be asking why I didn’t just let this ball drop. There are a few important reasons.
First, my business and coaching is dedicated to being genuine and delivering value to all the people who have chosen to follow my messages.
I take this responsibility seriously, and I felt they circumstances of the past week would provide some helpful insight and learning to you.
Second, I made a commitment to myself in December last year to write my emails consistently throughout the year.
This means there are no excuses. I’ve kept that promise and intent to keep honoring it.
Finally, it’s almost the weekend and coming up to one of the busiest seasons of the year.
I hope that you use this information to have your best, most productive, and happiest fall ever!
Here’s a quick overview of how to 80/20 your life:
- Determine what’s most important to you in life and work (aligned with your values and beliefs)
- Look at the items on your plate. Which ones need to be done? Which ones can only you do? What can be eliminated?
- Delete the things that don’t need to be done.
- Delegate the ones that you don’t need to do.
- Of the things you need to do, which one or two things, if completed, would make the biggest impact?
- Set a timeline and get them done in that timeline. Aim for good enough, not perfection.
- Repeat this process each day.
Ok, I’m back to the next task on my list.
In 2 hours it will be time to pick up the kids, have a family movie night, and enjoy a Friday sushi dinner and wine with my amazing wife!
Have a great weekend!